Tuesday 25 June 2013

Consultant


Once upon a time there was a shepherd looking after
his sheep on the edge of a deserted road.
Suddenly a brand new Jeep Cherokee screeches to a
halt next to him. The driver, a young man dressed
in a suit and Ray-Ban glasses, gets out and asks the
shepherd "If I guess how many sheep you do have, you give me
one of them?"
The shepherd looks at the young man, then looks at
the sheep which
graze and says "All right."
The young man parks the car, connects the notebook
and the mobile, enters a NASA site, scans the ground using
his GPS, opens a data base and 60 Excel tables filled with
algorithms, then prints a 150-pages report on his high-tech
mini-printer.
He then turns to the shepherd and says "You have
exactly 1586 sheep here."
The shepherd answers "That's correct, you can have
your sheep. The young man takes the sheep and puts in the back
of his jeep."
The shepherd looks at him and asks "If I guess your
profession, will you return my sheep to me?"
The young man answers "Yes, why not."
The shepherd says "You are a consultant!"
"How did you know?" asks the young man.
"Very simple," answers the shepherd "First, you come
here without being
called. Second, you charge me a sheep
to tell me something I already knew. Third, you do not
understand anything about
what I do, because you took my dog!"